In the EPM, consulting means to make available to the customer:
i. experience accumulated over many years of activity;
ii. solid technical expertise on the product;
iii. full knowledge of the problems that the client faces every day in the financial closing processes.
EXPERLAB offers process analysis assessments of:
i. statutory and managerial consolidated financial statements;
ii. planning & reporting
with the aim of guiding the areas of management control and IT in the evaluation of the benefits of acquiring an EPM tool on Oracle technology.
We will be happy to support both companies that today close their financial statements with excel files, and companies that already have at home an EPM tool that can be optimized in the use of its various components.
For info and insights e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To load data into an Oracle EPM system, whether consolidated or planning, we offer two ways in demo:
1 – Data Management;
2 – Web Forms, also used by excel Smart View.
Many companies have different accounting systems on their legal entities, and they ask us how to load the data on a single group chart of an Oracle EPM application.
Data Management works on text files and allows you to import even several thousand records in seconds. EXPERLAB supports the controller and the IT Manager in identifying the information to be extracted from the accounting systems, whether statutory or managerial, and in the generation of the upload file.
On Data Management we develop all the reporting useful for Drill Through, or rather to query the accounting balances that have fed a specific account in Oracle EPM.
EXPERLAB is pleased to make its experience available to companies interested in acquiring and generating value from the development of EPM tools with Oracle technologies.
– Experience on projects: over 16 years
– Areas: consolidated financial statements, planning, management reporting
– Products: FCCS, PBCS, EPRCS, HFM, FDM, PLANNING, ESSBASE
– Sectors: Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, Banking, Construction and Operation, Healthcare technology, Fashion & Luxury. Customer company turnover range: from 40 to 500 million.
– Human resources: considering an average of 3 key users per implementation, 180 human resources involved in our projects, coming from the areas of Finance Administration, Management Control and Information Systems.
We work together with different types of realities:
i. Companies currently not equipped with any EPM tools, which manage Financial Closing through Office tools;
ii. Companies that have implemented EPM solutions on projects but not completed or not optimized;
iii. Companies that intend to migrate from traditional on premise technologies to Cloud technologies.
with a vision and an approach always inclined to share knowledge and solutions, and to pass them on to users.
Ready with the third meeting: “Loading data on consolidated and budget applications”.
EXPERLAB is pleased to propose the third meeting on EPM and CFO Reporting, which will be held on 25 March, 12 – 12.50 am.
The schedule of the seminar is as follows:
i. The goal of Data Integration between ERP and EPM;
ii. Web Data Entry Forms;
iii. Data input template on Smart View;
iv. Data Management: mapping, validation, data import;
v. Data Management: back up from EPM balances to accounting information;
vi. Interaction with companies and insights on issues related to their reality.
The meeting will be held on Teams or on Zoom. To subscribe, please send an e-mail to Stefano Francese, at S.Francese@experlab.it by Thursday 18 March.
EXPERLAB is pleased to propose the second meeting on EPM and CFO Reporting, title “Comparison between Oracle Hyperion on premise and Oracle EPM Cloud” which will be held on February 25, 12 – 12:50.
The session agenda is as follows:
i. Technological and functional strengths provided by Cloud technologies;
ii. Comparison on data acquisition;
iii. Comparison on Reporting capabilities;
iv. Comparison on calculation rules;
v. How to set up a migration project from “on premise” applications to Cloud applications;
vi. Interaction with companies and insights on issues related to their reality.
The meeting will be held on Teams or on Zoom. To subscribe, please send an e-mail to Stefano Francese, at S.Francese@experlab.it by Thursday 18 February.
We summarize some of the latest release updates in order of importance (both from a consultant and a user point of view), up to October 2020:
1. Journal in YTD;
2. Internet Explorer no longer supported;
3. Choice of the scenario for the reopening of balances 31.12;
4. Extraction of Intercompany, Journal, Consolidation reports in number format, no longer text;
5. Changing the order of execution of the rules set;
6. Business rules available in the Data Integration;
7. Ability to customize the column width of the Web Forms;
8. New entities created inherit the process status of the parent entity, on previous periods;
9. Refresh is no longer necessary before Member Selection in Smart View;
10. Possibility of activating notifications (promotion, approval, rejection) for a specific entity, for a user;
11. New Disclosure Management extensions for Smart View;
12. New commands of EPM Automate;
13. New dashboard 2.0 on Oracle Jet technology;
14. Improvements in the activity report on system performance / rules execution;
15. Assigning users to user groups that can be imported via CSV.
Oracle EPM Cloud Enterprise suite is increasingly mature and complete.
Among the various tools of the Financial Closing, within the Narrative Reporting, the tagging functions of the new iXBRL format are fully operational. A point to bear in mind in the analysis and development of the group chart of account which must be complete and “mappable” on the XBRL format required by the legislation.
And to clarity on statutory level, regarding the Inline XBRL (iXBRL), we have two steps:
1 – In the first two years (2020 and 2021) the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Statement of Changes in Equity must be presented;
2 – From 1st January 2022: Notes to Financial Statements and Disclosures are added to the above.
With seven implementations already live from 2019 to today (five on FCCS, one on PBCS, two on EPRCS) EXPERLAB is increasingly being recognized as a company that invests in new Oracle EPM Cloud technologies; also strong of the experience started in 2005 on traditional Hyperion applications.
We make fifteen years of project history available to CFOs and CIOs.
Together we think about:
– Make a new implementation of EPM Cloud;
– Migrate from EPM on premise to EPM Cloud;
– Stay on EPM on premise, on updated releases;
– Migrate individual application parts from “on premise” to Cloud keeping the two worlds active and managing a “light” passage and in parallel for a period of time.
Training of young resources on new technologies.
Reference point for companies on all traditional and modern EPM.
We are in front of a company that tells us that it is evaluating Oracle to cover the following Financial Close processes:
– Statutory and managerial reporting;
– Budget and planning;
– Consolidated financial statements.
What can we offer?
Today we will be able to start from EDMCS (Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service) to explain how metadata is imported into a shared environment and how it is distributed in planning and consolidated applications.
We will show the strengths of FCCS (Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud Service) for the consolidated financial statements, and PBCS (Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service) for planning.
We will go back to EDMCS and we will say that in addition to keeping the metadata aligned between different modules, it moves the data from one environment to another: we can show a practical case where the Budget data processed and validated in PBCS is brought to FCCS to be consolidated and compared to the actuals.
On EPRCS (Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service) we will build the reporting book: variance analysis, management reporting, note to the financial statements, supplemental info.
The added value that EXPERLAB brings, beyond the technical competence and constant updating on all Oracle EPM technologies, are the over 15 years of experience in Finance projects of this type and the predisposition to understand the main problems of management control resources.